Console tables are often considered to be decorative pieces of furniture however, as well as completing an interior scheme, they can also prove to be incredibly useful too. Be inspired by our top modern console table ideas as well as our large collection of designer console tables.
01.Statement Console Tables
When it comes to making a splash and adding statement style to a space, materials such as stainless steel, mirrored finishes and smoked glass are the ultimate options, creating an instantly opulent feel. We love including these luxe finishes through accent furnishings such as modern console tables. These high impact finishes often work best in rooms with pared-back monochrome colour schemes and the simplicity of the palette means that it is possible to add drama through the shapes used instead.
02.Console Tables With Storage
Console tables are not only a beautiful addition to an interior, they can also provide valuable additional storage. From drawers for odds and ends such as keys and documents to tiered shelves that provide an extra space for favourite books, magazines and even barware - modern console tables can be an essential final piece of the furniture puzzle. Where the console is to be located will dictate what kind of storage is the most useful - drawers are perfect for hiding hallway bits and bobs while a shelved console in a dining space makes the perfect location to store glassware and cocktail essentials!
03.Console Tables for Small Spaces
Although console tables are often associated with large hallways or living rooms tall, narrow console tables or consoles that are shorter in length work beautifully in smaller spaces. The Wireworks Hello Storage Table is perfect for smaller hallways with useful shelving providing handy extra space for shoes, books or decorative objects while the top can be used as an entry table, bar surface or even as a sideboard when the dining table is crowded.
04.Scandinavian Style Console Tables
Scandinavian interior schemes are more popular than ever but this tranquil, timeless look will never go out of style. Furnishings with a sleek Mid Century aesthetic, clean lines and strong silhouettes embody the Scandic style and are perfect for bringing this look into your home. Look out for slim legs, minimalist shapes and natural materials to sample this look. The stripped back simplicity of the Skagerak Georg Console Table and its blonde oak finish exude classic Nordic style without being overbearing making this the perfect piece to begin your Scandic scheme.
05.Console Table Styling
Once you have chosen the style of console that will work best for your space, it's important to consider what to put on it. Whether you would like to keep your console sleek and minimalist or you plan to display photographs and ornaments, check out our top console table styling tips for all the inspiration you need to create the perfect focal point:
1. A console table in the hallway can be in danger of becoming a surface on which everyday items such as keys and post are dumped on so remember to consider practicalities too. If you need a box to hold keys or a letter rack for mail, incorporate these into the final layout for a scheme that offers form and function.
2. Console tables offer the perfect surface to add ambient lighting, consider placing a pair of table lamps at either end of the table in order to bring a sense of elegant symmetry to the space.
3. Remember to think about the space above the console table too. A statement mirror or gallery wall above the console will provide a frame for the space and create a gorgeous focal point.
4. The space below the console table can also be used to great effect. If you're in need of additional storage, add a stylish storage basket or place complementary design pieces such as lanterns or oversized vases to complete the scheme.
5. If you're concerned about your console table styling becoming a little unwieldy, consider adding a designer tray to the surface and style this smaller space instead. Take inspiration from trays styled for ottomans and consider grouping books, candles and vases of flowers.