With its roots in the Danish design tradition, the NORR11 collection brings innovative twists and contemporary styling to classic Scandinavian furniture and lighting shapes. The Houseology team have really fallen for the NORR11 range and we caught up with some of our favourite interior designers and interior bloggers to get their thoughts and opinions on this exciting new brand and bring you 21 things to love about this beautiful collection...
01.Danish style chairs
From armchairs to dining chairs, the NORR11 collection is filled with stylish seating solutions created in the finest materials and finishes.
1. "Function and form combine to make NORR11 my new go-to brand for simple but elegant Danish design," says blogger Rachel of the The Ordinary Lovely. "With affordable price points, I'm sure we're soon going to see their cool, contemporary pieces in homes across the UK. My personal top pick is the Mammoth Chair, a lounge chair with quilted wool upholstery. Not only is it ridiculously good looking but I can't see how you'd fail to get comfortable with its high back enveloping you. It's such a stylish piece of furniture."
2. Interior designer, Alison Harding of amwdesigns has chosen several favourite pieces from the collection and particularly loves the Danish style chairs, "I love this new range, the simplicity of the collection combined with its beautiful detailing and quality of craftsmanship means it can be incorporated into both classic and contemporary schemes. The Langue Dining Chair range is extremely versatile and the clean simple lines of the Duke Side and Coffee Table range is another favourite too."
3. Amanda of The Ana Mum Diary loves the collection's flexibility and is particularly fond of the stylish Man Day Bed, "This is clean Nordic-inspired furniture that has a modern understated feel and it's perfect to accompany most room styles. I've loved viewing this new collection, and have picked out the Man Day Bed as my favourite piece, which for me is a true design classic. How cool is this retro styled day bed? I can see this in a very modern or vintage style home - the perfect comfortable place to recline with a book, yes please!"
4. Interior blogger Stacey Corrin appreciates the functionality of the collection, "NORR11 isn't simply design for the sake of it, each piece in the collection is versatile and can be used in a variety of interior settings. My favourite piece has to be the Mammoth Chair in Forest Green. It's an ideal chair for a range of uses - personally I'd sink into it with my laptop for a day's work!"
5. Created in beautiful beech wood and leather, the NORR11 Langue collection combines the brand's understanding of materiality with the classic shape and clean lines of traditional Danish style chairs.
6. "We love NORR11’s Bauhaus style steel and vintage anthracite leather pieces," says interior designer Emma Hooton. "The Man Day Bed would look great teamed with a sleek sofa and armchair in the same range. The collection is timeless; we imagine working it into classic/contemporary schemes with velvet textures and muted colours. Alternatively, it would work in more minimalist loft-style schemes, where the furniture is more of a statement – the leather finish would give the overall look a striking Luxe edge."
7. "The eclectic design of the NORR11 collection is simply outstanding. From the minimalist seating collection that marries classic tan vintage leather with slim metallic frames to the show-stealing Mammoth chair, this brand is sure to be the next big thing in the interior design world," says Eleni, My Paradissi.
8. The NY11 Bar Chair takes its design cues from the modernist style of 20th century Danish school chairs and we love the stripped back simplicity of this Scandic design.
9. The NY11 Dining Chair is also inspired by the classic Danish style chairs and the blend of clean lines, solid oak finish and supple leather upholstery makes this the perfect chair for every dining space.
The NORR11 lighting collection incorporates elegant pendant lights and sculptural floor lamps, brimming with Danish design cues and modern spins on traditional shapes...
10. "NORR11 are a really exciting brand to keep an eye out for," says Cate St Hill. "They rethink design classics to create modern pieces that can withstand the test of time. With clean pure lines, natural materials and top craftsmanship, their furniture has a classic, Mid Century modernist aesthetic that's really timeless. On my wishlist is the Line Two Floor Lamp, just perfect."
11. Alexandra Wilson Interiors says, "These NORR11 pieces are both so beautifully crafted and wonderfully simple in design. I love the natural woods and leathers used to create this next generation of Nordic inspired design. We are looking forward to using pieces from the range this year, particularly the Cloche Three Pendant lights in our clients’ contemporary kitchen. They will create a modest yet effective statement above the bespoke crafted modern oak dining table."
12. "I love the way the NORR11 collection fuses sleek Scandinavian lines and muted colours with interesting textures such as natural timber, mottled concrete, leather and shiny metallics," says Abi Dare of interior blog, These Four Walls. "There's a wonderful hint of the classic Mid Century Danish aesthetic too. The Duke Coffee Table and Cloche Three Pendant Lamp instantly caught my eye, as they're striking but also extremely versatile and work in all sorts of interior schemes."
13. The textures of the materials in the NORR11 furnishings and lighting are one of the most alluring things about the collection and work beautifully with a very simple palette. The Line Two Floor Lamp with its clear Scandinavian lighting inspirations blends smooth marble with contemporary aluminium to create a stunning design that draws on the characteristic lighting shapes of 1940s.
From the simplicity of the Duke Side Table to the raw rusticity of the Rough Dining Table, NORR11 tables span an array of different uses and design elements.
14. "Another favourite of mine is the Duke Side Table," says Rachel of The Ordinary Lovely. "A spun metal tray with a metal frame, it really could sit in any room in the house with its sleek and simple design. I can see this being my first buy from the range."
15. "When I create an interior I want furniture that is beautifully designed and will make a statement but won't dominate a room or feel overbearing as I love bright and airy homes," says Katy of Apartment Apothecary. "The new NORR11 collection strikes this balance perfectly: the light oak finishes, delicate legs and understated colours make these pieces stylish yet subtle. The NY11 dining chair would make a wonderful addition to any dining area bringing contemporary style and above all else the perfect design for comfort."
16. Combine Duke Tables in differing sizes and shades for a personal twist on this sleek, iconic design.
17. "We love the effortless simple look of NORR11’s collection," interior designer Najwa Mroue of Atelier NM tells us. "The furniture can be a great addition to any modern new build home and the pieces can also blend in perfectly in a period property, as the collection's simplicity can highlight the original architectural features. My favourite would be the Rough Dining Table With Matt Maiden Legs mixed with the Langue Original Avantgarde Dining Chair Black with Cognac Vintage Leather - great for an open-plan living dining space in an East London home to achieve the perfect blend of old and new."
18. Created in suar wood, the Rough Table has a criss-cross grain which makes it look both beautiful and robust enough to be used in outdoor living designs such as this cool roof garden at the NORR11 London showroom.
Although infused with elements of design from around the world, the Danish aspect of the NORR11 collection is clear and forms the backbone of every design in their minimalist collection.
19. "This Danish brand sums up the Scandinavian approach to design perfectly; clean lines, natural colours and no unnecessary frills and furbelows," says Kate Watson-Smyth of Mad About the House. "The Danes believe that good design makes you happy and, since they are consistently rated among the happiest people on the planet, they must have a point. I have to say that I like their approach so much I have teamed up with them to be a brand ambassador."
20. "I particularly like the 'Man' leather collection," says Nadya of nadya sawney interiors. "It combines the flexibility of leather with the determination of stainless steel and creates persuasive and inviting seating. I'm loving this honest approach to such diverse materials in this selection from NORR11."
21. The warmth of the materials used in the NORR11 collection mean that the pieces lend themselves beautifully to a stylish family home. Robust materials, sturdy shapes and utterly practical designs make this a collection that is as aesthetically pleasing as it is comfortable to live with.