Barbecue season is upon us and if you’re looking to upgrade your grilling beyond the usual sausages and burgers, be inspired by our delicious barbecue recipes from Emile Henry.
Outdoor dining is all about sharing simple but delicious dishes with friends and family, so roll up your culinary sleeves with our al fresco recipes guaranteed to have your loved one’s coming back for more.
Provençale chicken kebabs
4 chicken breasts
12 cherry tomatoes
12 dried apricots
2 sprigs thyme
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2cm cubes.
- Prepare the first 4 kebabs by inserting a piece of chicken onto the skewer, then a dried apricot, and continue until the skewer is full.
- Mix together the curry, sesame seeds and a little olive oil and brush the mixture over the kebabs – be generous for ultimate flavour!
- Cut the courgette into thin slices and prepare the remaining 4 kebabs with; a piece of chicken, a piece of courgette and a cherry tomato – repeat until the skewer is full.
- Mix together some olive oil with the thyme and brush the mixture over the kebabs.
- Place the skewers on an Emile Henry grill stone and place on the barbecue until the chicken is cooked through.
Mozzarella and mushroom pizza with olives and peppers
Makes 1 large pizza
Ingredients for the pizza dough:
5g caster sugar
10g fresh or dried baker's yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
10cl warm water
For the tomato sauce:
3 tbsp tomato concentrate
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 pinch caster sugar
Salt and pepper
For the topping:
100g button mushrooms
1 medium onion
50g grated cheese
10 black olives
1 small green pepper
- Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Pour in the olive oil and warm water and bind everything together using your fingers. Knead to create a smooth dough which is quite elastic.
- Sprinkle some flour over the Emile Henry Pizza Stone and roll out the dough directly on the floured surface.
- Mix the tomato concentrate with the olive oil and crushed garlic. Add the caster sugar, season, and spread the sauce over the pizza dough.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and distribute over the surface of the pizza. Add the olives, slices of onion and chopped mushrooms.
- Cut the green pepper into thin slices and spread evenly over the surface along with the grated cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 240°C or directly on the barbecue.